Hermana Tycksen was called to the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION, spanish speaking. She began her mission on April 22, 2015. She is currently serving in Carlsbad, NM.

Monday, October 5, 2015

It's Autumntime! It's Autumntime!



My dear family,

     Hello to my favorite people in the world!! I hope that y'all are doing just fantastic!!  Wasn't Conference amazing? My companions and I were talking in between sessions and we noticed that all of them were pretty bold and straightforward with their addresses. The Lord is hastening His work!

     I absolutely loved every session, but one of my favorite talks was Sister Neill F. Marriott's. It spoke to me like nothing else. A theme for me this conference seemed to be "Trust in God" and "He will take you as you are". Apparently, those are two things I need to focus and work on at this time :)
I loved the idea of ponderizing a scripture! I have chosen 2 Nephi 4:28 Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul. This is from the chapter that is called the "psalm of Nephi" and it's one of my favorites.

      Okay, I know you're all on the edge of your seat....I'm staying again! XD JUST KIDDING!! I'm going to College Park YSA. That's Texas Tech campus! Yikes! I'm still not sure how I feel about that! My companion's name is Sister Harvey, and fun fact, she and I had the same MTC teacher! I actually wrote to her earlier this transfer to see how she was doing (because my teacher asked me to look out for her) and NOW WE'RE COMPANIONS!!! She's a transfer younger than me in the mission, so this will be interesting. I don't really know what to expect.

     Fun stuff, Yesenia came to a session of conference at the church! AND her husband went to the priesthood session!! We are so excited because they are progressing so well, but I'm sad because now I'm leaving. :( Also, we went to the UFO museum last Monday, and it was awesome! It was totally cheesy, but they had this cool display with a UFO and alien statues that would light up every so often and blow smoke and stuff. It was pretty cool.

      I survived bike week! I'm thinking that we biked about 100 miles this week--it was crazy! I have never been so grateful for the opportunity to ride in a car! But, also, I've been really antsy the past couple of days because I haven't been exercising as much as this last week. What gives? Sister Affleck is staying in Roswell and is getting a new companion, and Sister Turner is headed to Midland, Texas. Oh, by the way, did I mention that my new area is in Lubbock? Sorry! I don't think I did! oops :3 

     One thing that I have been learning lately is that it usually takes more than one time to learn something new, so that applies to literally EVERYTHING. With teaching, finding, studying, you name it--it usually takes a while to get it down. I've been studying the same principles for a while, and I am just  now getting to the good stuff! Keep on keeping on! It gets better! There is help and happiness ahead! :D
I love y'all so much!! To the stars and beyond!


Love, Sister Tycksen
p.s. pictures are at the ufo museum and at the end of bike week!

No comments:

Post a Comment