Hermana Tycksen was called to the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION, spanish speaking. She began her mission on April 22, 2015. She is currently serving in Carlsbad, NM.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Campus is buzzing!



Hello my dear family!

       So, not only has a week come and gone, but nine months as well! I feel like the mission is like a giant workshop and I'm clay in the Master's hands. He's got me in the kiln right now, but I'm so grateful that I'm not done yet! The mission has changed me so much already, and I am so excited for the changes that are to come. I feel like that's kind of dangerous to say, so I'll knock on wood ;) School has started up again and so campus is buzzing! Every day gets busier and busier, and I count my blessings every single night that I am able to be in such a fantastic area. 

       We had a lesson with Jessica, one of our investigators, and she told us that she most definitely wants to be baptized and not only that, but she wants to serve a mission and be married in the temple to a worthy priesthood holder! She is incredible! Also, Margie, another one of our investigators who has been out of town, is really taking a turn down the right path. We had a lesson with her and we asked if she actually wants to know if this church is true. She paused and thought about it and said, "I don't know. I think yes and no." We challenged her to ponder on that subject and pray about it and she promised she would. We are so excited to teach her again and hear how it goes!

       The ward has risen to its usual numbers once again. The members here are phenomenal. I absolutely love them. I think that most of the time, they're helping me more than I'm helping them!
Sister Matheson is doing great. She is such a fantastic teacher. We role-played teaching the Restoration this morning, and she totally opened my eyes to something I didn't even think of before. She read in Acts 3:19-21 this morning in her personal study, which talks about the Atonement and about a "restitution" that had to take place after Christ ascended into heaven. The amazing thing is that this scripture says: 
19   Repent ye therefore, and be converted , that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 
20And he shall send Jesus Christ , which before was preached unto you: 
21    Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. (emphasis added)

       This scripture is in the New Testament, and it testifies of the Restoration and  the prophecies in the Old Testament! So cool!
Speaking of the scriptures, I learned something really cool about covenants. Another word for covenant is testament. So, the Old testament is the old covenant--the law of Moses. the new testament is the new covenant--the higher law taught by Jesus Christ. And the Book of Mormon is another testament---another covenant that fills in all of the pieces that have been lost and/or not revealed in the Bible!  Together, they contain the words of salvation. As I have studied the gospel more and more, it only reaffirms my testimony that it it true. How could it not be? 

I hope all y'all have a fantastic week :) I love you!

Love, Sister Tycksen





No comments:

Post a Comment