Hermana Tycksen was called to the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION, spanish speaking. She began her mission on April 22, 2015. She is currently serving in Carlsbad, NM.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd



Hello my dear family!

     So sorry this email is a day late. Yesterday our companionship got hit pretty hard with a stomach bug, but never fear! We're up and running again :)

     Transfer calls were this weekend, and Sister Russell and I are both staying in Carlsbad!
Easter on the mission might be my favorite holiday so far :) We were able to share the #Hallelujah message with so many people. I just love those videos! They bring the Spirit so fast, and so simply. I usually don't want to say anything after because I don't want to take away from the Spirit! We had a pretty cool Easter weekend. On Saturday we were out and about ALL DAY LONG. We were exhausted the next day, but it was so worth it! We took around the easter eggs that Mom sent in a package and we had a pretty cool experience. Sister Russell and I both felt strongly that we should take eggs to a certain members' home. They have six little kids and we just love them all to death. So, we pulled up to the house and they saw us! So, we tried to hurry over sneakily, but then a couple of the boys came outside so we said "We have a surprise for you! Go back inside!" So, they turned around right away and went back inside. We hid the eggs in the yard and then knocked on the door. They kids came out and we told them there were 12 eggs hidden in their yard. They were so excited! They searched and searched until they found them all. We didn't find out until later, but they hadn't been able to have an egg hunt that year. It was so special to be able to provide that for them :)

      I was studying yesterday about Christ and how He is the Good Shepherd, and I read a story from James E Faust about a lamb that he had when he was young. One night there was a thunderstorm and although he could hear his lamb bleating outside, because it was scared, he didn't want to go out into the cold, rainy night. The next morning, he found that a dog had heard his lamb too, and it had killed it. He was heartbroken, but he felt even worse when his father said, "Son, couldn't I trust you to take care of just one lamb?" 

        This hit me hard. As a missionary, I've had a few hard times when all I wanted was to be able to spend a Sunday at home with my family, like before, but then I've been reminded that I'm only here for a short time, and there are a whole lot of other people who are like that lamb, lost in the storm. So, we go out. We go out and we search and search until we find them, and then we bring them back home to the fold, to stay--safe and warm. I've enjoyed the light of the gospel for my entire life, it's a privilege to be able to bring it to others. 

I love you all so much! I hope you're as stoked for General Conference as I am! :D
 It's going to be so great.
Love y'all! Have a great week !

Love, Sister Tycksen

St Patrick's day!
Some members took us out for sushi :D
St Patricks Day

Green Jello for RS Activity - everyone LOVED it!

Ekder Minion--he is pretty chill!

Sushi for St. Patricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment