Hermana Tycksen was called to the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION, spanish speaking. She began her mission on April 22, 2015. She is currently serving in Carlsbad, NM.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

A whole lot of nothing ;)



Hello my dear family!

       So, not a lot happened this week...but at the same time, EVERYTHING happened. We had exchanges and Zone training in Roswell on Tuesday and Wednesday. It was so good to be back there and to see everyone, or at least the scenery :) I have so many wonderful memories from my time there. We were able to stop by and see Paula and Larry. So great! They showed us their new "resident": a roadrunner that roosts on the side-view mirror of their truck! So funny! He's been doing it for a few weeks now, so it looks like he's there to stay. 

       After we got back from Roswell, I got sick :( So we were pretty much inside for Thursday and Friday. But, we had a lesson on Thursday that we really couldn't miss, so we went on splits with some members: I went to the Stewarts' house for a couple hours, just chillin on the couch ;) and Sister Russell went with Sister Standiford to the lesson. It went well! But it was so weird to be in a member's home without my companion. I had a sneak preview of what it will be like after the mission. Yikes! I don't think I'm ready for that!

       We had an investigator drop us yesterday :( He's done that to the missionaries before, and it's really frustrating because he is SO CLOSE but he can't see it himself. Liseth came to church yesterday! She's a Spanish investigator that we've been working with. She is so awesome!

We were able to go to the temple this week as well and I got to see Sister Harvey and Sister Matheson! That was really cool--it was exactly what I needed.
Really sorry y'all, but I'm running out of time! I hope you have a great week!
Love, Sister Tycksen

 
 

Road runner
Big Buddah

Our zone
 

No comments:

Post a Comment