Hermana Tycksen was called to the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION, spanish speaking. She began her mission on April 22, 2015. She is currently serving in Carlsbad, NM.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Hello Family!!



Hello Family!!

     I hope that you're all doing super well :) I just wanted to take a second and tell you all that I love you so, so much and I miss you a whole lot--YOU ARE VERY MUCH LOVED!!! 

     This week was fun and also interesting :) My clumsiness has followed me to New Mexico! On the 11th, we played soccer as a district, which was fun!, and I totally biffed it and landed on my bottom. I discovered that there is a reason that I did not play soccer ;) Then, on Monday, we were playing pigskin (like ultimate frisbee, but with a football or rugby ball) and it landed on the stage in the cultural hall, so I went to close the curtains and I smacked my knee on the edge of the stage--I got a pretty gnarly bruise-- On Wednesday, we were playing pigskin again and I was down the line, and an elder threw the ball long-distance to me. Well, let's just say, there is a reason that I don't play sports where you throw and catch balls--it hit me in the face :) SO, that is a rough summary of my week! I've been accident free the past few days, so here's hoping it will last!
     On Tuesday we dropped off Sister Slade and picked up our new companion. Her name is Sister Affleck, and she is absolutely hilarious! She is an amazing singer (Mom, she sings Italian!) and she can beat-box too (she was trying to teach me yesterday) and she is helping me to see the humor and joy in every day :)
Last Thursday I had my first legitimate bike day! I discovered that not all skirts are biking skirts, and that I have to be careful how I do my hair because otherwise my helmet won't fit! (I have a lot of hair :3) Biking made me really nervous the night before, but it was actually really fun, and it was a good experience.
        We had the opportunity to go to the temple on Saturday with a couple of members and it was absolutely AMAZING. The Lubbock temple is really small--it reminds me a lot of the Newport Beach temple--and so after you change, you go directly into the ordinance room instead of into the chapel. When I was sitting there, waiting for the session to start, I felt so much peace. I was so happy to be there and I felt like I had come home, I'm pretty sure that I was grinning from ear to ear! Also, the session was absolutely HUGE! and it was half Spanish!! That was so interesting to experience!
      Speaking of Spanish, I am now a solo Spanish sister :I and we've taught two lessons in Spanish in the past week. My comprehension still isn't as good as I would like it to be, but my pronunciation is getting better! I read the Book of Mormon out loud in Spanish during language study, and it has helped A LOT.
      We have started teaching a fifteen year old boy named Damian who is the grandson of some members in the ward. He comes from a rough background, and he doesn't believe that God cares or that He's even there, BUT we are in the process of changing that! :D He's really hesitant to believe in something new, but he agreed to read the Book of Mormon! We are so excited to teach him again.
      One last thing: Thank you all so much for your letters and emails. They mean so much to me, and they seem to come right when I need them!

LES AMO MUCHO MUCHO!!!!!

LOVE, Your missionary :)



LOVE, Your missionary :)

No comments:

Post a Comment