Hermana Tycksen was called to the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION, spanish speaking. She began her mission on April 22, 2015. She is currently serving in Carlsbad, NM.

Monday, July 13, 2015

SIX MORE WEEKS IN ROSWELL!!



Hello my AWESOME family!!!

      So, to start off, I will say that I am staying in Roswell with Sister Villondo (yay!) and we are getting another sister, who's named Sister Affleck. She is English speaking, and so I will be solo on the spanish front (yikes!) but it'll be okay because there's a sister in Carlsbad who I can call if I need help with my spanish :)
So, since last writing, I have seen 3 lizards and .... I SAW A SCORPION!!!! We were sharing a thought at a member's house after they fed us dinner and then it was on the curtain behind us !!! :O It was about 2 1/2 inches long and it was literally right behind me (aahhhhh!) I'm okay though, we got it in a jar and then flushed it down the toilet :)
       I met a Jehovah's Witness yesterday! First time in my life! It was really interesting because he asked us a lot of questions, and I was preparing to feel like I was on the defensive, but I never felt that way. I was able to bear testimony about the truth of the Book of Mormon, and it was one of the coolest experiences of my mission so far. When he said that he was a Jehovah's Witness, I immediately thought about Mom's friend from college that converted to the church from there and I thought "Well, it could happen!" We invited him to read the Book of Mormon and he said that he'd like to study it side by side with the Bible and compare the two :D (If he reads it, he might be hooked!)
      Fermin's baptism was AMAZING!! So many people showed up to support him and his dad and sister, who aren't members, came to support him! I was so happy the whole time, but when he got up to go into the font and then he went down into the water, I had the BIGGEST smile on my face! It was so amazing!! And then yesterday he was confirmed, and the spirit was SOOOOO strong! The feeling that I got reminded me of how I feel the spirit in the temple. :)
      So, I made it through my first transfer! Yay! AND I would like to say that I am 100% committed to this mission and although it's going to be long, I KNOW I can do it. So, thank you so much for all of your support and emails! It means so much to me!


I love you!!
LOVE,
Hermana Tycksen

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAK!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! and also, my companions want to wish you a Happy Birthday too!! :D
Here's a picture of us with Fermin at his baptism!
And also an Alien picture for Dad :)

1 comment:

  1. Another good letter! Yikes about the scorpion - nobody warned us!

    ReplyDelete