Hermana Tycksen was called to the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION, spanish speaking. She began her mission on April 22, 2015. She is currently serving in Carlsbad, NM.

Monday, July 6, 2015

My Cup Overfloweth



Hello dear Family!!!!

  So, to start off with, my 4th of July was pretty fun!! We proselyted until 6, but then we had a huge potluck with the other missionaries in Roswell (There's 11 of us and there was a TON of food!). We were able to see fireworks from our apartment too!

  This week I was able to go with Sister Villondo to Carlsbad for exchanges. There, we taught an investigator named Joe, and it was the most spiritual experience I've had since I left the MTC. I was troubled that I've been in the field for almost 6 weeks, and I've only had one or two of those kind of experiences. I know, I know, I need to be patient, and these things take time, but I actually learned something that helped me a lot. 

  So, in our every day life, and before a mission, we have a cup that is a certain size. Sometimes it grows, when we have trials that help us to learn and grow, but it never shrinks. Flowing into the cup is a steady waterfall of spiritual blessings, promptings, and experiences. Sometimes it's a lot, and sometimes it's a small trickle, but it never stops. When you go to the MTC, your cup stays the same size that it was before, but the waterfall is HUGE. This results in your cup overflowing, and that's why you have so many learning and spiritual experiences. When you get out into the field, the waterfall stays the same, but your cup grows bigger. You now have a greater capacity to receive those spiritual experiences. And so, it takes some time, but you cup WILL overflow, and you WILL have those amazing experiences.
That analogy helped me so much, and it helped me to put myself into perspective and to, kind of, have more patience with myself ;) I'm workin' on it :D

  Our baptism with Fermin is set to be this Saturday, the 11th, and we are SO excited! He's progressing really well, and we can tell that the Lord has prepared him for baptism.

  We had an interesting experience yesterday while we were visiting Paula and Larry, the couple who fed us last week. Their kids were there, and only one of them is a member, but she's been inactive for basically her whole life. We were able to talk with her, and she had some questions about our missions and what we did as missionaries, and THEN, we got into the doctrine!! It was really incredible, because it was totally a casual conversation, but we were teaching and testifying about basically EVERY gospel principle there is!! We have an appointment to talk to her next week and we are SOOOO excited!!!

  Thank you so much for your letters and packages!!! They mean so much to me, and they brighten up my day AND my week!
I love you all SOOOOOOO much!!!!!
Love, Hermana Tycksen

No comments:

Post a Comment