Hermana Tycksen was called to the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION, spanish speaking. She began her mission on April 22, 2015. She is currently serving in Carlsbad, NM.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Yoohoo! Hi Family!!



Hello my dear family!!

Thank you so much for your emails and prayers. They mean a lot to me and they help me so much! 
This week was all kinds of crazy. I went on exchanges with Sister Slade to Portales, NM and got to practice my Spanish more! :) We met some really amazing members there who were so nice. On Monday night we had dinner with Paula and Larry Hickman, who are these really sweet and awesome older couple, they took us to Cattle Baron, which is a pretty fancy restaurant, and we had a great time. I had prime rib! :) So, don't worry, Dad, I had my prime rib for the Christmas Eve dinner just a bit early this year ;) 
Something that I realized this week is that I am meant to be here on this mission, at this time, and with these people. I don't know how on earth I am going to make it through the next 16 months, but I know that I will because He is with me, and He wants me here.
This mission is teaching me so much, about myself and about the gospel. There's too much to fit into one email, so I'll just share a couple:

"Just because something is difficult, doesn't mean that you can't do it."

"The mission is the MTC for life!" <-- it's true!!

"Whenever you feel as if you're drowning, just remember: your lifeguard walks on water"

On Saturday, we did 7 hours of service!! We started with serving at a free pancake breakfast that one of the churches in town does every month, and then, Harvest Ministries (a food pantry where we serve every week) got in a HUGE shipment of food and they needed a LOT of people to help sort and move and organize it. It felt like such a long day, and I was tired and aching by the end of it, but it was a good day :) It's funny, because by the time we finally got home that night, my legs and ankles were achy and I found myself thinking, "Why does this feel familiar?" And then I realized that that was the way I felt after every shift at In'N Out!!! Too funny! So, the next morning, I was up and ready to go like any other day, and my companions were still super sore ;3 Funny stuff. 


One last thing: So, we've been teaching an investigator named Fermin for the past few weeks, and HE ACCEPTED THE INVITATION TO BE BAPTIZED!!!!! He's getting baptized next Saturday!!!! :D Exciting stuff!!!
LES AMO MUCHO MUCHO!!!!
2 month mission picture
Kristina made guacamole
Hermana Tycksen

No comments:

Post a Comment