Hermana Tycksen was called to the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION, spanish speaking. She began her mission on April 22, 2015. She is currently serving in Carlsbad, NM.

Monday, June 22, 2015

TWO MONTH MARK!!!!!

Companionship in Mexico

Hermana Tycksen and Hermana Russell flying to Texas!


Hello Family!!!
Today is my mission birthday!! ;) Two months! WOW! I feel accomplished! ;) this week was good, it has been the hardest week so far, but it was also the best :) Funny how that works. I am adjusting to the mission life, it's slow, but it's-a-comin. One thing that happened this week was my first Zone Training! It was all about the WHY of missionary work and the gospel. It was really interesting, and I have started studying that in my personal study, and it is helping me so much. It is deepening my conversion and creating deeper roots for my testimony.

One thing that has helped me to remember Christ during the sacrament is some of the song lyrics that I have for "His Hands" and "This is the Christ". They help me to focus on what He did for me, and I have found that I'm able to get more out of the whole meeting when I do that.

One scripture that I read this week is in Psalms 119:105 and it says "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." I really loved that!! And then I cross-referenced with one of the footnotes in Alma 37:44, which talks about the way being as easy as following the Liahona. And then it hit me, the way back to our Father isn't always easy, but it's simple. We make it complicated.

So, we've been teaching an investigator named Fermin for that past couple weeks and he is progressing so much!! His wife is a member, and she is super supportive, and we've been able to bring members with us to his lessons and they're just so great! I love it! It's funny because he really wants to understand WHY, and not just know the what of the gospel. So, he's progressing slowly, and at his own pace, but he IS progressing!! Exciting stuff!!

Thank you all for your prayers on my behalf, they are very much felt and appreciated :)

I love you all SOOOOOOO much!!!
Hermana Tycksen


No comments:

Post a Comment