Hermana Tycksen was called to the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION, spanish speaking. She began her mission on April 22, 2015. She is currently serving in Carlsbad, NM.

Monday, June 8, 2015

ROSWELL!!!!



Hello family!!!
I am writing to you from the land of UFO's and extraterrestrials!!! Haha, but seriously, there are a lot of aliens around town--statues and pictures and a lot of the businesses say 'Galaxy' or something like that ;) But it's good! I like it! If I didn't know any better, I would never guess that I was in Roswell--it looks just like any other town.
It's actually not super hot here! It has been raining a bunch and so it's pretty mild. The sunsets are absolutely gorgeous and the sky and clouds are too. I love clouds :) They're awesome.
Anyways, we actually do a lot of lessons for less-actives and recent converts more than investigators, BUT we are starting to get a few investigators!
The members are great, they're really welcoming.
I've had a few tough times this week, but it's okay, because they're helping me to learn and grow :)
One thing that I learned spiritually this week is from Ether 12:4 where it talks about an anchor to your soul. An anchor keeps you in one place, even when a storm comes, you don't drift too far from where you're anchored. Entonces, ANCHOR YOURSELF IN THE GOSPEL AND IN CHRIST!!!! I know that if we do that, we will never drift away.
Not a whole lot of time today, but I want you all to know that I love you and miss you and I'm doing really well!!
Lots of hugs!!
Hermana Tycksen

All of these pictures were posted on the blog by Sister Heaps, mission president's wife!   Thanks Sister Heap.

Arriving in Lubbock :)

Temple with all the new missionaries

Awaiting assignments!!  I think this is cute how Kristina happened to look at the camera. 

Traditional dinner :) Last time with Sister Russell.

No comments:

Post a Comment