Hermana Tycksen was called to the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION, spanish speaking. She began her mission on April 22, 2015. She is currently serving in Carlsbad, NM.

Monday, June 15, 2015

Greetings from the Land of Roswell :D



My dear Family,

This week was good! It honestly was. There were quite a few rough spots, but I can confidently say that going through those has shaped me to be a better missionary and person than I was before :)
Okay, to start off, the people in my mission are absolutely amazing!! Last week I fasted that I would gain a love for the people here, a love like Christ would have for them, and I'M GETTING IT!!! IT'S HAPPENING!!! There are so many people that I have met and talked to in the last week that I just think, "Wow, if nothing else, I was meant to meet you on my mission." So cool!!!

One of our less-actives is doing so good!! His name is Hector, and he's a student at NMMI (new Mexico Military Institute). He leaves for training this friday and before he left, he wanted to strengthen his testimony and make sure that it was solid. That was two weeks ago, and he has progressed so much!! It's amazing how the gospel works, but this is the first person that I have been able to see a change happen in their life!! SO GREAT!!! Yesterday I was reading in D&C 64:33, which says something along the lines of "be not weary of well doing, for you are laying the foundation of a marvelous work". It made me remember something that quite a few people told me before I left, that we're planting seeds, even if we don't get to see them harvested :) 

So, because my companions are the STLs, they go on a roadtrip basically every week! This last week they had MLC (I'm not sure what that stands for) and so I went on exchanges with some sisters in Brownfield (really tiny town) and it was SO interesting! I did about three hours of finding, which I haven't really done yet in my mission, but apparently that really is what missionary work is, and I was able to talk to someone in Spanish!! YAY! Exciting stuff! 

Okay, now I have a challenge for y'all (haha, I'm actually saying that now!) Yesterday we had a lesson in church about "flooding the earth with the Book of Mormon" Entonces, I had an idea!! After my mission, I want to do this, but until then, I'm gonna need y'all to help me out a bit. So, I challenge all of y'all to post something about the Book of Mormon to social media at LEAST twice a week! Think it's possible? I think it's possible. You guys are AMAZING!!! Keep me updated about how it goes!! 

I love you all and I am sending you lots of love!! ( it's traveling by UFO, so we'll see how long it takes to get there ;))

LOVE,
Hermana Tycksen

No comments:

Post a Comment