Hermana Tycksen was called to the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION, spanish speaking. She began her mission on April 22, 2015. She is currently serving in Carlsbad, NM.

Monday, September 21, 2015

A Lion's Roar



Hello my wonderful family!!

     Wow! Okay, first thing I want to say is that I am soo so sorry that so many of y'all got hurt/sick these past few weeks!!! I'm in shock about it! :3 Please know that my prayers are with you, and I think about all of you ALL THE TIME. :) <33

     Okay, to start off with, this week was the best week of my life. (Again, sorry that it probably wasn't for all of y'all!!) On Tuesday we had district meeting, and something that our district leader said was "When you go to bed, your thoughts shouldn't be I'll do better tomorrow,  they should be  This was the BEST day of my life!! So, that day we had exchanges with the Portales sisters, and I decided on the way there that I was going to make that day the best day of my life! I had no idea how that was going to happen, but I made that decision. :) Sister Turner and I stayed in Roswell with Sister Nicholson (Who actually trained Sister Russell, my MTC comp!) and we only had two lessons that day, but they were the most powerful lessons that I have ever taught or been present at. The Spirit was so strong, and I have never felt so alive! That was a moment when I realized that I really LOVE being a missionary! Afterwards, Sister Turner told me that what was different about me was that I had been fearless in opening my mouth and following the spirit--which is something that I have been working on since last transfer. :D Yay! Something else that Sister Affleck said is that because I made that conscious decision, I started exercising my faith, unconsciously. Your attitude directly influences your faith! If you feel like a day is going to be awesome, then nothing is going to get you down! Because there were quite a few things that went wrong that day,  but they didn't affect me like they usually do!

      I came across a scripture in Proverbs 28:1 that describes how I felt this week: The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion. I have learned so much from being here, and it amazes me that I still have a whole LOT to learn because I still have a loooooooooong way to go! :3
Update on Andrew, he is progressing so well! He is a new and different person than when we first met him. His baptismal date is set for this Saturday, and he is stoked! :D 

       We met a woman named Tina  in my first transfer, and started teaching her, but then stuff and drama happened, and we could never catch her. HOWEVER, we caught her at home a couple weeks ago and SHE'S STILL INTERESTED!!!! She went out of town this weekend with her husband, but her FOUR KIDS CAME TO CHURCH!!! and they LOVED IT!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! We are so excited!! We love teaching families!!

        Okay, I guess that's all for now :D Oh, and one more thing: I met a member in Hobbs, New Mexico (we were on exchanges) who grew up in Green River, Wyoming!! She said that she knows all  the Harmons! Her maiden name is Krystle Kramer. What a small world!!

I LOVE Y'ALL DIS MUCH (---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)
Kristina said these three all have about the same color eyes.  So fun!!
;D LOVE, 
Road trip for exchanges--caught a little of guard. :)

Hermana Tycksen

No comments:

Post a Comment