Hermana Tycksen was called to the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION, spanish speaking. She began her mission on April 22, 2015. She is currently serving in Carlsbad, NM.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Biking for dayzzzzzzzz

Hello my wonderful family!!

     This week was so long but also so short at the same time! Andrew got baptized on Saturday!! Yay! He was so excited, and he said that it was AWESOME. So, YAY mission accomplished! The next phase begins..... Haha, It's always bittersweet when we have a baptism because they're baptized and they've become a member of the church, but they're not a progressing investigator anymore, and then we have to find someone else who is ready for the gospel. :D It's a good day though.

     We did sooooo much service this week. We did the usual stuff, at the JOY center and Harvest Ministries, but also this week we cleaned this little old lady's house so that she could move back home from a senior care center, and we also weeded a RIVER. ;) I kid, I kid. It was a cement causeway or somethin' that the water goes into before it goes into the actual river. Because, did I mention, ROSWELL HAS NO DRAINING SYSTEM. Apparently because we're in the desert, no one thought it necessary to create a way for water to NOT create lakes and rivers in the streets. XD It's been an adventure this week to say the least. Also, we served at the Episcopal Church Community Breakfast that they do once a month. Needless to say, we are BUSHED.

        We had an unscheduled trip into Lubbock this transfer for an extra MLC (Elder Lynn G. Robbins came!) and so last Wednesday we ran out of miles :( My companions and I want to be as exactly obedient as possible and so we've been biking ever since! We've still got four more days to go before we get more miles (they're refilled every month) ROCK SOLID LEGS HERE I COME!! ;) This week has been physically exhausting. I've felt like crying a few times simply because I was so tired. But, something that my mission is teaching me is that I can do hard things and that something is only impossible until it's done :) (thanks Mom). 

I love you all sooosoosoosoosoosoo much!! Have an awesome week!!
Andrew's baptism!
Zone Training!!!
Love, Hermana Tycksen :D xoxo <333

No comments:

Post a Comment