Hermana Tycksen was called to the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION, spanish speaking. She began her mission on April 22, 2015. She is currently serving in Carlsbad, NM.

Monday, November 9, 2015

Change is good :)



Hello my dear family!

       Well, this week was something else! We had a table on campus in the free speech area where we were trying (but not really succeeding) to get people to come talk to us about "Mormons". It didn't work too well, but we're not giving up! The elders are really persistent and "gung-ho" to talk to literally ANYONE. It's fun to watch.
         It has gotten a little chilly here! It would be fine if there was no wind, but the Texas wind is RELENTLESS!! Last night it was 55 degrees, but Sister Harvey and I whipped out our winter wear anyways! I really like the changing seasons, but not so much when I'm caught unawares and unprepared to handle them! 
        This week we were able to go to the temple, and it was amazing. I haven't been since August, so I've really missed it! I learn so much every time I go, and this time was no exception. It's funny, but sometimes I can "sense" when I'm on the verge of making a spiritual jump--because everything gets really hard all at once, and my brain feels like it's trying to expand beyond my skull. :) It's such a wonderful time. ;) I truly am grateful for opportunities to grow and improve though. Without them, I wouldn't be where I am today. 
        A really interesting thing that I learned this morning comes from Alma 7:25. Alma is talking about virtues to live and perfect, and how we can come closer to Christ by doing that. In this verse he says that as we do this, our "garments [become] spotless even as [the] garments [of the prophets] are spotless" and we come "in the kingdom of heaven to go no more out". How amazing is that? We can become spotless like unto the prophets and dwell in the kingdom of heaven with them forever! I want that! When we keep the eternal perspective in mind, it makes our trials and hardships easier to bear and to learn from.

I love you all so much!!! I hope y'all have a GREAT week!! :D

Love, Sister Tycksen





No comments:

Post a Comment