Hermana Tycksen was called to the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION, spanish speaking. She began her mission on April 22, 2015. She is currently serving in Carlsbad, NM.

Monday, August 17, 2015

Press Forward Saints!! (Version 2.0) ;D



Hello my dear family!

     I don't know how many times I've used that as the subject line, but it keeps popping up! This past week I have really learned a lot about enduring to the end, and more importantly, enduring faithfully and happily. I was so tired this week, almost every morning that I woke up the first word in my mind was "No! Not yet!" Sleep is definitely precious to a missionary! ;) But, as the day went on, I would get more energy. One day in particular, I was exhausted. It was lunch, and I was going to take a nap, but making my food took a little longer than usual (because I was tired!) and so I didn't have time to take a nap. Right when I realized that, I realized that there really was no possible way that I could make it through on my own strength. So, I prayed, and pleaded for strength and energy to make it through the day. Almost immediately after I closed my prayer, I felt a burst of energy come, and I was able to push harder through the day until it was over  :D So, one experience, but I had a few more too! 

     On Saturday, we were contacting referrals from the ward, and at one house there was a covered porch that was kind of rickety, and old-looking. When we knocked, I felt something fall onto my head and I thought "Aw man, a bird just pooped on me" so I put up my hand to get it off and it was a yellow jacket and it stung me! Ow!! it hurt like something else! I didn't have much time to react though because right after that someone opened the door. It started swelling and it was on one of my fingers near the knuckle, so I couldn't close my hand all the way for a little while. Luckily, the guy that opened the door was really nice and gave me some numbing medicine to put on it, so it felt better. Ordinarily, something like that would put me out of commission for a couple hours (or maybe just one ;) ) but missionary work never stops! We kept going throughout the day, and I learned that it is possible to work through almost anything!

     Okay, final story. Yesterday Sister Affleck sang in sacrament meeting and I accompanied her on the piano. :I I have never done that before!! Needless to say, I was absolutely terrified! During the actual sacrament, I was praying for strength and also that I would be able to see the Atonement from a different perspective than usual. I didn't feel anything. So, the first speaker went up, and I was really distracted because my anxiety was getting the better of me. But, the speaker spoke on the Atonement, and at the end he told the story from Jack Christensen about the donuts and pushups in seminary class. As I listened to that, I felt an overwhelming sense of calm and peace come over me, and when it came time to do the musical number, I jumped up with a smile on my face and I can tell you, angels were guiding my fingers. :)
The scripture Phillippians 4:13 took on new meaning for me this week. I realized that it isn't as I do things that Christ strengthens me, it is through His strength that I am able to do anything at all! The Atonement is real. I testify of that with all my heart and soul. May we all be able to apply it in our lives every day.
I love you all so much!! I hope you have a marvelous week!

Love,
Hermana Tycksen

Pizza and Companions!  Transfers come this Saturday----????
Birthday girl
Fun companions that woke up at 1 am to decorate the house. :)

More interesting ALIEN places in Roswell

No comments:

Post a Comment