Hermana Tycksen was called to the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION, spanish speaking. She began her mission on April 22, 2015. She is currently serving in Carlsbad, NM.

Monday, August 10, 2015

The Most Marvelous Thing



Hello my dear family!

     Thank you so much for all of the birthday wishes and cards! They made my week so special!
Okay, to start off, I'll tell y'all what happened on my birthday :D

      So, my dear, sweet companions woke up at 1 am and DECORATED THE HOUSE!!! They had been scheming behind my back with the zone leaders for the past WEEK! They coordinated for the zl's to buy a cake, candles, and streamers, ALL without me knowing! :D I seriously have the best companions ever! We woke up a little early before we exercised so that I could open presents :3 (carrying on tradition!) and let's just say that I was a little loopy! That day was district meeting, and afterwards we went out to district lunch at Applebee's (which usually I don't like, but it was really good!) and a COMPLETE STRANGER paid for all of our food! He was an older gentleman, and he was there with his wife, and to boot, he wasn't even a member! He just told us that he really appreciated all that we did and that we didn't have to worry about paying for our food that day. :3 So great! We had an awesome day of appointments, and then we went to the Hansen's for dinner. (He's our ward mission leader, and they have 5 daughters and they're the BEST!) My companions were acting strange, making me walk in front of them, and the I go in and there was a big birthday balloon! And, then Sister Hansen whipped out some Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas and then Strawberry Shortcake! I honestly thought I was going to cry I was so excited! Best birthday ever!

     Okay, I don't have any more time today, so I'll just close with saying that y'all are the best family a sister missionary could ever ask for :D
I love you!
Love,
Hermana Tycksen

No comments:

Post a Comment